Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Another silk bag


WOOOOO HOOOOO !
I finished this silk bag this past weekend. The pattern cames to me as I went along. The strap is adjustable and it is lined with batiked fabric. The handmade button closure is from a small shop in Gatlinburg, TN. I am glad I finally found the right bag for it. The yarn (silk) is from The Wool Peddler I just received a replacement shipment in fabulous pinks and another in purple and blue hues. This yarn is so dramaric in effect! I think the next silk bag will either be done in triangles or some sort of circular pattern. This particular yarn mught bt too fussy for a pattern I have been anxious to try. The pattern is from Frugal Knitting Haus... the Snail Shell Beach Purse. I will try to post a link to the pattern and you can let me know what you think.
Here is a link to the Snail Shell Beach Purse. Cross your fingers ~~~
Lining is essential to the success of this bag. Thanks to a 'stranded sister' I work with, I used her suggestion and included 2 small pockets in the lining.

2 Comments:

Blogger -Debbie said...

I saw this recycled silk bag "in person." It's absolutely fabulous! Also checked out the Snail Shell Beach Purse pattern. What fun!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Knittinannie said...

I love the Snail Shell bag & think the yarn you mentioned would be beautiful!
Going on a cruise & think I JUST have to make myself one!

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home