Friday, December 09, 2005

New pickins for the Art Show!

Here are a couple of new things that will debut tomorrow at the Anderson Art Show. I am so nervous. Hope it goes well. This bag is actually incomplete in the picture. I have added beads and metallic threads to enhance the aquarium feel.

Notice the snow in the background. We got over 4 inches last nite. Waking up this morning, everything looked so beautiful I remembered why I love Wisconsin.
This really is holding a 1 liter bottle of water. It was knit mosaicly (I know it's not a word) The leather strap has a clip closure and is somewhat adjustable. Great colors that don't show up as very true in this photo.

Wish us luck tomorrow. More later!

4 Comments:

Blogger Anne Hawn said...

Your "aquarium" bag is absolutely beautiful! The color choices are sophisticated but fun and the "fish" are wonderful. Great job. I'm sure you did well at the show.

12:31 AM  
Blogger Salaam & Shanti Bariatric Yoga said...

Where did you find the pattern for the tote with the water bottle. I love it. I would love to have the pattern.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Stranded Sisters said...

Thanks Hanane,
The pattern for this water bottle holder comes loosely from a pattern in "Felted Knits" a pretty cool book. The original pattern is called small treasures, I think. It had a fair Isle design knit into it. This one is longer and a mosaic pattern was used in place of the fair isle. I sewed an elastic hairband on one side and the button on the other - makes a good 'holster' for a water bottle. Check the book out- it is a great place to launch off from to make some really special thinkgs.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Stranded Sisters said...

Hanane,
The book that the pattern started from is Knit One, Felt Too by Kathleen Taylor, NOT Felted Knits....oooooppps!

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home