Tuesday, January 24, 2006

My Winter Garden Blooms

It has been awhile since my last post. I think I am finally exhaling.
The winter has been mild, mostly. I have a few projects going, but have to get these photos out. With all the grey that has surrounded this winter, I decided it was time for some COLOR!



These lovely little pins, well really not SO little - good coat sized pins or handbag pins - were made using worsted weight - mostly Cascade 220 and Wool of the Andes and 10 1/2 needles. I have to admit that I have practically worn the tips right off my 10 1/2 needles. Good thing I have more than one set/pair. All of them with the exception of the roses were made on double pointed needles. The roses were made on circulars, but they could be done on single points. I used the pattern from Two Old Bags (I think). Then using beads and roving and antique buttons I made the centers. Were the copper coil originated from, I have no idea. I think I was goofing around with some wire the construction workers left behind when the kitchen was being done this summer. It's a nervous habit I have to fold, twist, pleat whatever I have currently in my hand. I guess that is why the leap to knitting was so natural.

This is what we woke up to last Saturday....













All the more reason to seek out the magic of color! This picture is particularly for you Dad and Kay- it's not all pablum, I really do love winter. It is the contrast that makes the REAL magic

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh, the flowers are so beautiful!

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home