Sunday, April 23, 2006

Felted Diamond Basket

This basket was inspired by the book Folk Bags.The basket in the book however was much larger and made using a slipping technique to make the diamonds in intarsia. It sounded interesting but I really enjoy jknitting in the round, and I loved the diamonds, so decided to see what I could come up with. Here she be.....

Pre-felted, the design is quite apparent. I used Lopi and post-felted it turned out verrrrrry fuzzy!
Some strands are really long. I thought about shaving it to tame some of its mane, but then I am not too sure. I kinda like it wild and hairy. Maybe I will shave the inside. It stands nicely, but I really wish it wouldn't have flared out at the top. seems to be a curse when I felt. Oh, well, next time I will try something to curb that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home