Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A Day at the Fair!


Well it was "Boy Band"temperatures today.

98 Degrees that is. Heat index was 105 last I checked. Nice shirocco coming out of the South.
No relief from the lake.
We got to the park at about 7:15 am and amazingly enough several folks were aready set up. I guess it was the coolest time of the day. This was taken earlier in the day - hence the smile still on my face. It was still a geat day though. Saw some old friends and new faces. The crowds were down, but the heat had a lot to do with that. But,
there is some reeeeaaaaalllllllllllllly good news to come.....
Perhaps the pool of artists and crafters was small, or maybe I just happened to catch the eye of the right judge, but Stranded Sisters have been awarded the 3rd Place Prize today!! Yeay - the very first ever award.
Here I was just bummed out that I didn't win the raffle for the Museum.
Having missed the photo op for the presentationof the ribbon and cash (yes, cash) I can only tell you that I was very pleased and suprized and giddy about the whole affair.
Now on to 2nd place and then First Place!!!
YEAY - the crowd goes wild....okay I can dream though.

1 Comments:

Blogger NYC TAXI SHOTS said...

.

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home