Tuesday, August 23, 2005

It was great

The day started out stormy and ended up steamy!
Saturday at the Market was quite a potpouri. We had a nice site--right next to Curzio The Garlic Man. Learned alot about garlic and free range chickens. Talked to some fabulous folks that have become regular visitors. Sunny and Jim. We learned of their story together and how they were high school sweethearts. For whatever reason their lives took separate paths for a good number of years. Not long ago they met again for the first time in Florida wher he lived and she was visiting friends. They were married 11 months ago and look like the happiest people in the world. Well that isn't knitting related, but knowing them has added richness to my world and I hope to incorporate their story in a bag someday.
In the mean time.... I am furiously catching up on some felting. Tonite I re-felted a Mercury bag that my "stranded sister" in Minnesota sent to me, In hopes that it will fit her son's laptop. Never fear--it will look great. YOU did all the hard work!
I also felted a Man's Satchel (photo to follow), a mitered square bag in Kureyon- also photo to follow, a quiver for needles (a Cat Bordhi thing) along with various straps and pockets. Whew! Time to give my washing machine a break, and for me to get to some reading. Currently it is Alice Walker - Possessing the Secret To Joy. Maybe it's about felting, hee hee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home