Sunday, August 14, 2005

Pre-felted UFO's (Unfinished Objects)

Here are soon to be handbags and fish.
The blue bag was knit with one skein of Patons Classic Merino & Eros Glitz as a compaion yarn. This bag was inspired by a pattern in the Pursenalities book by Eva Wiechman. Her's was called - Gray Flannel and used some obscure yarn. I am hoping that this will felt well. I am expecting some kind of psuedo-metallic look. The Eros just might be a 'scale' alternative for the gefelted fish...see below





This next bag is called Kristina. My 'Senior Stranded Sister' aka Mom knit this little ditty. Really not so little. The tiles behind it in the picture are 12 inch square. The main color is forest green and the design is knit with Noro Kureuon.

You may recognize the yarn as it is the same that is used in the infamous Gefelted Fish, seen here in it's pre-felted state! These really are adorable guys, and again the floor tiles give you and idea of the pre-felted size. It fits nicely inside one 12X12 square.

I am expecting some 'eyes' on Tuesday to finish up the fish. My 'stranded sister' in Marshfield is making the glass cuttons that will give a world of character to these guys.





Stay tuned to see the final results after felting!!!!

I know I can hardly wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home